First time confusion about an indian company.

2017, I joined the company their head office in India.

Before I joined the company, I haven't worked for a foreign company.
(except the working experience in Canadian cafe and grocery store as working holiday)

After I got a welcome letter from the company, I had many things to sign up, apply for a visa and so on, often communicated with human resource staff by email.
At the time, I (a person who knows only Japanese company) was shocked by their response.

Things I was shocked were...

-They often sent me wrong emails, such as an email suppose to reach another person who will take an interview. or even I already sent back, they sent me the same application many times.

-The day of our flight was not decided until a week ago of the departure day.

I could not believe that they make mistakes a lot. Culturewise, we Japanese are strict about mistakes, moreover, they are managing top personal information such as our passport, ID.
Even my previous job in Japan was related to advertising, so especially they are strict about mistakes. If we make a small mistake, it might be a big problem such as the company lose ten thousand dollars.

I was worry about the company's faith and thought I sign up for what an irresponsible company...!

I talked to my friends who are not Japanese about it and asked their opinions if its normal for them or not.

One of my friend said
"Anyone makes a mistake! Don't be so serious. If you are so serious in the office, people will dislike you, haha!".

So shocked againšŸ˜²

Yes, but maybe that's true.
I'm not in a Japanese company, not in an advertising industry anymore.

That's one of the reason why many Japanese who are working in abroad say  "I don't wanna go back to Japan, that's so stressful."

Now, I'm working in the company, it will be almost a year.
Learning how to work with people has a different culture or different way of work. If I do my job like in Japan, it doesn't work.
but if I know how to switch my thought for working with them, no stress !! maybe It's better than Japanese.

These days, sometimes I feel like "Oh... Japanese are so fussy."





Comments

Popular Posts